Pages

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Baby it's cold outside

... but it's super-snugly in here.


Hello everyone


Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  Enjoying the snow? No, me either.  I'm snug and warm in front of the fire with a large cup of hot chocolate writing up my blog.


I've been having a bit of a play with a few bits and bobs I picked up at the Hobbycrafts show on Friday at Bluewater.  Did you go?  What did you think?.


I also dragged my daughter out bright and early yesterday morning and had a wonder down Rochester high street visiting the charity shops and I picked up a few bead necklaces so that I could have a bash at making some hat pins.  So far, so good.  I'm quite pleased with what I've come up with (need more stuff!!).


I'm going to enter into the following challenges with my card today:
1. Sketch N Stash Challenge No. 80 - Free Choice Sketch (Sketch No. 11)
2. LOTV Challenge No. 5 - Spring Colours.
3. Cupcake Challenge No. 177 - Recycle (recycled beads & tag (price tag from necklace)).
4. Pan Pastels Challenge No. 4 - Happy Birthday.
http://panpasteluk.blogspot.com/
5. Crafter's Companion Challenge 21 - Anything Goes.
6. The Pretty Little Ribbon February Challenge No. 7 - Anything Goes.






Ingredients

Papers:  Karen Neuburger Floral
Stamp: LOTV On Tiptoe
Ribbon: my own stash
Flowers: Ivory Cherry Blossom (Wild Orchid) altered with copics
Martha Stewart border punch
Beads and tag recycled from charity shop necklace
Woodware Butterfly punch
Copics
Crystal Art Glitter (wings).


Thanks for stopping by today.

17 comments:

  1. What a really pretty design thanks so much for joining us for Happy Birthday week at PanPastel Uk.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Caz ... You have used some really super colours on this ... I did not go to bluewater but some of the other crop girls did and had a ball! I am gonna nick your idea about the hat pins lol !! As Kerry says ... Thanks for joining in the PanPastel UK challenge this week xxxx Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, I saw Diane there. I can highly recommend buying beads on ebay as you get so much for your money. I used bead addicts, really good. The pins themselves I'm getting from mailorder-beads.co.uk, really good quality pins.
      See you soon.
      Caz x

      Delete
  3. Hi Caz, great card, love the colour combo. I've been looking at hat pins on ebay but I might just borrow your idea. Can't go to 'Make It' this year but I'm hoping to go to 'Ally Pally' in April. Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, I can highly recommend buying beads on ebay as you get so much for your money. I used bead addicts, really good. The pins themselves I'm getting from mailorder-beads.co.uk, really good quality pins. Maybe we can meet for a tea at Ally Pally.
      Caz x

      Delete
  4. it cerainly IS cold outside but looking at your gorgeous card & my fave lil fairy image... you could almosy imagine being there in her field or wherever she is lol out in the warm sunshine.... I cant wait lol... fabulous papers & colour combo & I love your colouring technique :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good Luck :)

    Hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful, I love this LOTV image and the colours are so pretty, Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, pretty colours & thanks for showing the sketch you have used....

    Thanks for playing along at sketch n stash & good luck!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so gorgeous hun...!

    thanks for joining us at SnS....and good luck...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caz, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your recycled tag and beads looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    I apologise for my late comment - why not check out our new challenge "red & pink" @ http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, and beautifully coloured, thanks for joining us this week at Lili's little fairies xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful and the image so cute.
    Love the paper
    Hugs
    Doreen
    oh....Many thanks for joining us at SnS this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is fantastic, so many gorgeous details to look at. Thanks so much for joining our Recycle Challenge at Cupcake. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really pretty card! Love the colours you have used.

    Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty pastel card. Reminds me that Spring isn't too far away:) Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Caz, I love that stamp and the gorgeous spring colours. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card, I love the colours and the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash,
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.