Pages

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Birthday Ava

Hello

My SIL introduced me to a new website which is absolutely fabulous if you like to buy ribbon in more than just 1m lengths.  http://www.jaycotts.co.uk/ offers a wide selection of sewing paraphernalia.  Ribbons come in 20m, 25m and 30m rolls and they're not expensive.  I bought two 20m rolls of 7m wide double-faced satin for just £3.67 each (which works out at about 18p per metre) and, for just 39p you can get sample cards like this...

... isn't it fab.  I colour matched the colours I wanted to my copic pens, so I'm certain that my ribbon matches my chosen colour perfectly.  Go check it out.

Anyhoo, onto my card today.  I've made a scalloped circle easel card.  I really must get myself the grand calibur, this is a little small and limits what I can do with it.  I like how it turned out, but it would have been nice if it were a little bigger.  I've used Krista Smith's Saturated Canary image 'Ava'.  I think this is my favourite SC image so far, I really love her.  She's coloured with copics and I added some glossy accent to the balloon.  The papers are from my latest paper purchase Maja Design Vintage Summer.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid and the ribbon is from Jaycotts ;O).  The crystals are from ebay and I added a couple of woodware punched butterflies.  The sentiment was party of a freebie set with a magazine.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
  1. http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/anything-goes.html
  2. http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/summertime-challenge.html
  3. http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/paper-pretties-wednesday-challenge.html
  4. http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/2012/07/challenge-91-1-2-3.html
  5. http://saturatedcanarychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/challenge-21.html bling it out
  6. http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/12-week-27-happy-birthday.html
  7. http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/sos-58-triple-threat.html
  8. http://lejdesignschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lej-designs-challenge-10-fabulous.html
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend  xox

43 comments:

  1. Oh! Such Fabulous papers...The cutest of stamps. LOve this design Caz. It's Just Gorgeous.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caz, This is a super card. I love the papers and that SC image really works well on the scalloped circle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card Caz. She is such a gorgeous image and coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly. Love Sharon. (GDT). x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caz. WOW gorgeous card the image is coloured beautifully and the colours, design and papers are beautiful. Take care and have a great weekend. Caroline xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous easel card Caz. Love the SC image and coloured beautifully.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card Caz. The image is gorgeous and you have coloured her so beautifully in lovely pastel colours.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Caz, what a fabulous card, love the shape and the image is gorgeous and you have coloured her perfectly.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow caz what a beautiful easel card, I love the scalloped shape with the bling around the edges and your image looks so pretty.
    ....bad caz for enablement link....:) :)
    thank you so much for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Caz, love the soft colours, beautiful image and card shape,
    Have a great weekend,
    hugs,
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. Love the image and colours. Gorgeous design too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card...the image is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Caz! This is just stunning!!

    Hugs, Sandexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it is absolutely gorgeous, I love that image and your colours are so sweet

    hugs Vicky x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a beautiful card and thanks for the heads up on the ribbon - must take a look! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs and good luck. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card...thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge this week, Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful easel card, love that image too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Caz - perfect.

    Thanks for dropping by to see me and leaving me a lovely comment.

    Toodle Pip

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Caz, this is gorgeous!! I love SC images. Your colors are so beautiful and I love your attention to detail.

    Thank you for your sweet comment. I always love it when you stop by. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so pretty Caz, want to make a round easel now! Thanks for the link, will definitely be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I love it and the image is superb! I'm saving up for a calibur nearly there just a few more cards to sell!! lol Thanks for the link for the ribbon will have a look over there a girl can never have too much!! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. please don't think I am rude, just a little busy, this is gorgeous fabulous image
    hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. just popped back to say thankyou for playing along at LEJ designs challenge this week! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. go soft and girly!! love your circle card!!

    Thanks for entering the SC Bling it On Challenge:)!!
    So happy to have you!

    xx
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Caz, this is delightful. Love the shape and of course the image is perfectly coloured by you, goes brilliantly with the lovely flowers. I'm off to peek at the ribbon site, you can never have too many ribbons :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Caz, love this card. You have coloured the image beautifully. Thanks for the tip on the ribbon. Hugz Sue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Caz . . . absolutely delightful easel card. Thanks for sharing your ribbon link.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice Card! Thanks for joining the Papertake Weekly Challenge! Jacqueline (GDT - Papertake Weekly)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Absolutely stunning, I love the image and the shape and the flowers and papers are gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining in with the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh this is soooo beautiful!!!! Gorgeous image and colouring and I love the shape =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at Paperplay.

    ReplyDelete
  33. great colouring on this image! so glad you found a cool ribbon site too!! I will have to check it out...Thanks for joining in the Triple Threat Challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi sweetie this is just simply stunning, love the colours that you have used too, gorgeous work, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh this is just adorable! She is gorgeous! Fab colouring, and I love the little flowers and pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This card is absolutely stunning. I love the soft colors you chose. Such a fun shape, and beautiful embellishments;) Did you get my e-mail?? If not give me a shout at sar342@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card Caz.
    Fab image and perfectly coloured, I love these pretty colours :) Totally beautiful.

    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card! Beautiful colors and such a pretty image!
    Hugs, June

    ReplyDelete
  39. An amazing creation love it all.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous card and love the round easel shape and the image is one of my fav
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow Caz, this is GORGEOUS! Love the pastel colors and you've coloured her fabulously!!! Totally love it!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a stunning card. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining our challenge on Saturated Canary Challenge Blog.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.