Pages

Saturday, 15 September 2012

Riley's 1st Birthday

Morning all, hope you've all had a great week.

This week I had to make a card for our nephew's first birthday (well, actually, he's our Niece's son, so not quite sure what that makes him, is there any such thing as a grand-nephew?)  Anyway, I thought it gave me a very good excuse to use this gorgeous image from Lili of the Valley.  His name is Little Lorry Bear.  He's been coloured with copics and coloursoft pencils.  I added a glittery "1" to the balloon and then drowned the thing in glossy accent.  I used a Spellbinders Labels Fifteen to cut the image out and matted it onto a piece of Core'dinations cardstock.  I found the backing paper in my drawer of scraps, so not sure who it's made by.  The sentiment is computer generated and cut out using a Spellbinders label die.  The ribbon is from my scraps stash.  This is a very simple card, I think my mojo took a little hiatus while I was making it, but it turned out ok.


I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
  1. http://cardmaniachallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/cmc-3-beary-sweet.html
  2. http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-35-school-daysfor-child.html
  3. http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-52-for-child.html
  4. http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/my-sentiment-exactly.html
  5. http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/paper-pretties-monday-challenge-ppmc56.html
  6. http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/things-that-make-you-go-awwww.html
  7. http://thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/challenge-26-anything-goes.html
Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. xoxo

20 comments:

  1. JUst GORgeous! FABulous colours too. What a cutie this image is and I LOve how you have added your Glossy Accents to the balloon it look real. FABulous sentiment to Caz...LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable...perfect for a little one! Love the glossy balloon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute Caz. Wonderful colouring and detail. Lovely.
    I would call you a Great-Aunt and the little boy would be your Great-Nephew. This may be a Scottish thing though. I never liked these titles as they make you sound a bit old, and you are just a girl.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, he's so cute! Gorgeous card Caz, I love the image and design.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Caz, gorgeous cute image, love the colours and papers, great layout
    hugs
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Caz, I love the sweet image and your colouring is wonderful.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous birthday card, love the image and the balloon!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful Caz - I'm sure your nephew will love it! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This image is a real cute! Your card is gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges! Good luck and hope you1'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is lovely! You've made a gorgeus card :-) Thanks for joining us at Card Mania challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little cute Winnie! Glitter like the bubble effect. And points are my favorites. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL card Thank you for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww - nice card - thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfull project. You have used such beautifull colours and papers! I´m a little late with my comments but I wan´t to say thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute project. So lovely design. I really appreciate this adorable creation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The card is just perfect, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable Caz, love the glossy accents and fabulous colouring...gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.