Pages

Thursday, 18 October 2012

Candy Winner & A Haunted Housewarming!

Happy Halloween!!  (Almost)

Before I get to my card this week I need to announce the winner of my followers candy.  I would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to all of you (new and old) for your continued support and kind comments, I love hearing from you and visiting you all in return.  As I still don't know how to use the random generator thingy I printed out all the comments, cut them up and put them in a pot.  The winner was picked by my beautiful assistant Emma (before she dashed off to work this morning).  So without further ado...

the winner is (drumroll please)...

Kanda (aka Andrea)

Congratulations Andrea, could you please email me at cwillis323@gmail.com with your snailmail address as soon as possible.  I go on holiday on Friday 26th for a week, so if I don't hear from you by the time I return on Friday 2nd November I will draw another winner.

So, onto my card today.  I made this for a friend who moves into her new house next weekend and seeing as it's Halloween I combined the two and made this.  Luckily she loves Halloween, although I did have to make sure that there weren't any spiders, she's not so keen on those.  Hopefully she won't pop in and see it (she should be far too busy packing!)  Yes, the image is slightly on-the-tilt, but I decided I quite liked the "up hill" effect!  I coloured with copics and created the background with Distress Inks, an Ink Duster and a mask.  The backing paper was sitting in my stash, so not sure where it's from.  The ribbons are from my stash.  The backing papers and image are both mounted on plain black cardstock.


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
  1. http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/october-challenge-all-things-spooky_6.html
  2. http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-43-halloween.html
  3. http://heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/its-spooktacular-challenge.html (Halloween)
  4. http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-4-halloween-andor-autumn.html
  5. http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-37-trick-or-treat-or.html
  6. http://nomatterwhichchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-3.html
  7. http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/paper-pretties-monday-challenge-ppmc61.html
  8. http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-19-something-spooky.html
  9. http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/challenge-185-boo-tacular.html
  10. http://withoutwordschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/october-challenge-things-that-go-bump.html
Thanks so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment, I love to read them.  Take care and I'll see you soon. xoxo

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, the bright orange colour from the paper is wonderful! Love the image and your colouring, and your design is fabolous!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular sunday challenge, hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    Hugs Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card and so into our theme at NMWC. Thanks for joining us and good luck. I hope we will see you back in our next month challenge, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning image fabulous colouring and a great card
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that image is fab - must have taken ages to colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful made. I love the colors.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab image,love the papers. Thanks for sharing with us at NMW Challenges, I hope you come back again for our next challenge. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, thanks so much Caz and also for the lovely comment you left me. Will email you now.
    Love this card. Super colours and image and it's a great idea for a housewarming xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant Caz, love that fab image! Thanks for joining in at Without Words hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling image & coloring, love the "tilt", great papers, and love that bow--she will love this card! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic colouring of that great image and a brilliant new home card, I'm sure your friend will love it - I do! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caz,
    What a great card! It's so festive and I just love the image and your coloring. The background is truly fabulous! I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for being such a great follower to yukisgirls!! You always make us feel our work is appreciated and we thank you so much for that!! You're the best!

    Lots of hugs!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the steampunk house for a welcome to your new home card! What beautiful coloring and background sky! She's gonna LOVE it!

    Thank you so much for joining our challenge and sharing your wonderful talent and creativity with us at Heck of a challenge.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS to Kanda:) Very very lucky girl:)
    Your new card is fantastic dear creative friend:)
    I wish you a Wonderful sweet holidays:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to the winner
    :-) Nina

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOh, part of me feels scared, part of me wants to explore the house! Love it hun. Thanks for playing at Without Words with us for October. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fab card, Caz!! Love those colors!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Caz, this is a fab card. Love the image and the colouring is super, I'm sure she will love it.
    Congrats to Andrea.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely gorgeous sweetie, huggles Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one fab card x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. OoOoh wow Caz! This is just GORGEOUS! I love your colouring of this fabulous Halloweenie house! Beautiful!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous colored image and fab design!! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenge!

    Hugs'
    Jacki - Love to Create Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, thanks for playing along at Without Words
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Parabéns Andrea! Curta bem os doces.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Caz, I don't know how I missed this fabulous card - sorry!!
    I love the image and the colours are wonderful.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great image, love those vibrant pops of color. Bet yur friend loves this. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley, hope you play with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Darling haunted house card...it's just right...not too spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Caz, I don't know how I managed to miss this card!! Anyway, your card is gorgeous!! I love the image and your fab colours and the backing paper is brilliant!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Caz a super card I love the image and of course the colours are fantastic.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty colors and this picture - is great! I don't like Haloween but this is very funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a stunning creation!
    Just fab for our Halloween Challenge! I love the image you used!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges this time
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This card is a stunner... great image, perfectly coloured! Thanks for joining us at HOA challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  32. so stunning caz.fantastic spooky image and i love your fab backing paper.
    thanks for joining in our challenge at Without Words :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats to the winner!Great card your friend will love it:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW!! Stunning Halloween card! Great image and awesome paper :)

    Thank you for playing with us at LLC October challenge :)

    Hugs, Karita

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome job on the background and colouring of this fun image. Thanks for linking up to the LLC October challenge. Hope you can join us also this month!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.