Pages

Monday, 25 February 2013

Tissue Box/Calendar

Hello my lovely bloggy friends.  I hope you are all well.  I'm so sorry I haven't been around to see you much over the last couple of weeks, things have been a little hectic.  Hopefully things should settle down after this week and I'll have more time for crafting and blogging.

Today I'm showing off a couple of little tissue box/calendars I made before Christmas.

The lovely Sue over at http://heartandsoulcrafting.blogspot.co.uk/ put a tutorial on how to make the tissue boxes on her blog and I just had to have a go.

I quite obviously got my measurements a little wrong on the first one as it turned out a little longer that it should have.  I used Melissa Frances '5th Avenue' papers on this one.  The little calendar is from a candy I won last year.  The flowers are Wild Orchid and the little twirlies were made using Flowersoft paper covered wire and Jones Tones Scintillante Diamantina glitter.  I'll be keeping this one for my desk.


My second attempt was much better and actually came out with the correct measurements.  This time I used Prima's Tea-Thyme papers and added another little calendar.  I haven't added any other embellishments to this one as I think it's pretty just as it is and it would be a shame to cover up the beautiful papers.


I'm going to enter my little tissue boxes in the following challenge:
  1. http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/anything-but-card.html
Many thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a great day.  xoxo

22 comments:

  1. These are so lovely Caz. Wonderful papers, so soft.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUnning!!
    LOve them both Caz...
    You are cleaver.... What FABulous papers too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations sweety^_^
    Adore the delicate colors^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! . . . and SHE'S BACK!

    And with wonderful creations too! These are just lovely Caz. What a good idea!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. missed your creations Caz! Great to see you - and this is such a good idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Caz - you been in hiding?! We missed you - welcome back!!!

    Fabulous tissue boxes - love them!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Glad to see you back - missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea! These look brilliant and I love the petty papers. Glad to see you back.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how gorgeous not sure which one is my favourite as they are both equally as beautiful and love the added calendar's so inspirational
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Very pretty papers. Thanks for the link, I so want to give these a shot:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Caz, a fabulous creations, love the papers you have used.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous design and I love the papers
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really cool, Caz! I never would have thought to combine a tissue box with a calendar before I saw these. Love the papers you used on the first one!

    Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Caz - these are both very pretty creations and I can see why you want to keep one for your desk! Thanks for sharing your projects at Incy Wincy Designs this week in our "Anything But A Card" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, what a brilliant idea love it hun big huggies June xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great idea! Beautiful :) Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I love these, they are so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are gorgeous Caz, another one for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Caz, they both look wonderful and what a fab idea to add the calendar.
    Hope you've had a super weekend.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both are stunning Caz! Fabulous papers you have used!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.