Pages

Monday, 25 March 2013

Bubbles

**WARNING** - lengthier post than usual!!

Hello my lovely bloggy friends.  How is everyone?  All well I hope.

I can now reveal the reason for my sporadic appearances in blogland over the last couple of months.  The Crafty Snug is no more... Unfortunately, my husband and I outgrew the snug and so have had to swap our rooms around.  The snug is now the lounge and we have moved into the back room which was originally our dining room before it became the lounge and we changed the lounge into the craft room.  Confused?  So was my husband when I revealed my plan.  But it's all worked out beautifully.  Here's a pic of my side of the room.  We are about to buy a new dining table and chairs, which are gorgeous, so I might update the picture when we get them, but this is how it looks right now.


I won't show you my husband's side of the room as it is very untidy and not pretty at all.  In fact, I'm not sure it should be allowed!!

So, hopefully now I can resume my crafting on a more regular basis.

In the midst of the chaos that has been my life for the last couple of months I completely missed my first anniversary in blogland.  I started my little blog in January of 2012 and have had an amazing year.  Making new friends and learning sooo much.  Thank you all for your support over the last year.  I will be putting together a little candy shortly to celebrate, so keep your eyes peeled.

So moving on...

My visit to the hypnotherapist was a colossal failure!!  Unfortunately, I'm still smoking.  But, never give up trying to give up, that's my new motto.

My card today is for my friend's birthday.  I've used the Saturated Canary digi image 'Bubbles'.  She's been coloured with copics and I added some crystal art glitter, glossy accent and little dots of pearl.  The papers are from Prima's 'Divine' paper pad.  The little butterfly is also Prima 'Divine'.  I made the little flowers from the same papers and some core'dination card using Heartfelt Creations 'Vintage Floret' dies.  The lace is from Live & Love Crafts and the little pearly swirls are from Hobby House.


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
  1. http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/use-digi-challenge.html
  2. http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/challenge-53-pearls-and-lace.html
  3. http://foreverfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/fortnightly-challenge-58-girls.html
  4. http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/challenge-12-photo-inspiritation.html
  5. http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/ribbon-or-lace-challenge.html
Many thanks for taking the time to stop by, I love it when you do.  xoxo

38 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Caz. Room looks great. Re smoking - you will know when the time comes to pack in, I did and then it was easy, over 7 years now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caz, the room looks fabby, so tidy and orderly, don't think mine has ever looked like that even when we first sorted it out!!! I am trying to downsize my stash though and am being quite ruthless. (still wouldn't dare take a photo though)ha ha.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a lovely card Caz - and it will be great to see you back in blogland more frequently now the snug has moved!!! Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crafty space looks fab caz. And your card is wonderful.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and feminine card here Caz. And . . . WOW . . . YOUR side of the new room looks FAB. I'll be round later to play! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful creation Caz. Wonderful soft colours. Love your crafting space. I craft where I can, usually on the couch.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card and sc image! and love the crafty space - it looks fab!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is Beautiful, love the image. Wow..great craft space...love it.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Caz and I love your new, very neat craft space. You've inspired me to do a tidy up today. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great crafty space Caz and am sure you'll make many beautiful creations in there. Lovely Sat Can card too.
    As for the smoking - never give up trying to give up! Had 3 attempts before I finally packed them in - been fag free now for 10 years - after a 20-25 a day habit - so it IS possible and am sure you'll manage it in your own time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Caz!! Keep up trying not smoking! My time in blog land is limited right now also, but hopefully soon!!

    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wonderful card dearest Caz,I love this sweet image and the beautiful colors used^_^Gorgeous embellishments also^_^
    Happy week,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your crafty space looks wonderful Caz.
    I love your card, such a pretty image, beautifully coloured and I love the papers and detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you've had great fun moving everything round! Your room looks fab!
    Love your beautiful card, gorgeous colours x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. JUst GORgeous! What a FABulous image and FABulous colours Caz...LOve it.
    Chrissyxx
    Thanks for sharing your photo...I'm one nosey Crafter and love to have a peek at were others Craft! Can image your other halves side lol..What will you use for Crafting on if you get a new table?
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your rooms looks so big and spacious Caz, great idea. I love shifting rooms about in our house too lol. Congrats on your 1st year in blogland, how time flies! I love your gorgeous card, coloured to perfection. Now STOP smoking!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your crafty space looks super and so neat and tidy. Congrats on your first blogaversary too. Now onto your card. Just gorgeous. The image is coloured beautifully and love the colour and detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and Forever Friends and good luck.
    mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so cute card. I love image Saturated Canary. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Caz. I love the image and pretty design and colours.
    Your craft space looks fabulous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Caz,

    Firstly...what a gorgeous room! Very organised and so pretty..I could come over for a rummage around if you like :)
    I do think you are very generous to share it with your hubby (I wouldn't!)

    Hypnotherapist..been there, done that. The first thing I did when I got out was to have a ciggy! His 'offices' were in Central Manchester, but an area I've never been in before, up a back alley and around the bend at the back of beyond, then up a winding staircase in an otherwise empty building and to be honest with you, I was very uncomfortable being there and couldn't wait to escape again! That was a huge waste of a fair few hundred pounds.

    Love your card..the image is so pretty and your colours are stunning.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Caz, fab colouring.

    Your craft space looks very organised and tidy. I hope you will be happy there

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous so pretty and love the lace and pearls just beautiful, you should share this on the Hobby House face book page
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Caz
    Fabulous card.... Love the image gorgeous....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, amazing creation as always huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Caz! I ADORE your card, so pretty and beautifully done - amazing colouring too.

    Now, when you get your new dining table and have friends round, you do realise that certainly the girlies will be eyeing up all your lovely colourful crafty stuff? I certainly would - it's much better than a fancy picture or two - so much to admire - and if I ever get invited can I please leave the table as soon as I've eaten........... to have a play?! :)

    Enjoy your new workspace, it looks brilliant!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card,love the image and colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card...your friend is sure to love it! Great crafty space too...so pretty and colorful...enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card! Lovely colors and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wowwww! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love this SC image that you've coloured so beautifully!!! And I love your craft room .. soooooo big and pretty!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good Afternoon......."WOW" Totally stunning card your image is coloured to perfection and love the embellis thank you for joining in our challenge "one for the girls" at Forever Friends Fortnightly challenge good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Caz. This is a really fabulous card. I love the colours and all the details, and that is a super crafty space - I'm so envious.
    As for the smoking - don't put pressure on yourself. If you really want a cigarette just have one and don't beat yourself up about it, but if you can put it off for half an hour that's better. That's how I started cutting down and finally stopped and that was 11 years ago, so don't give up xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful colours and a delightful card. Sorry to hear the hypnosis didn't work, but as you say, don't stop trying. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  33. A gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used and the image is so beautiful.

    How do you keep your craft room so tidy? it looks fab.

    Hugs
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy challenge Blog.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really beautiful, gorgeous image and colours and I love the die cut frame and pearl flourishes
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautifull card! Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends, hugs Rachel (and your room looks amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just fabulous!

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy (slightly belated) Blogoversary! Beautiful card, here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.