Pages

Saturday, 15 June 2013

I've been making stuff!

Hello blogging buddies, how you doing?  All good I hope.

I've got a couple of little projects to share with you today.

The first is a new pin cushion.  I was organising my new sewing station and managed to break the little mannequin pin cushion I had, so I had to make a new one.  Now, I was going to break out the baked beans and make a simple one out of the tin and then I spotted this sitting on my table.  I originally bought it to go in my bedroom, as obviously it's a jewellery stand, but I didn't like it there so stuck it in the craft room to hang little bits and bobs on.  Then inspiration struck, and this is what I made...


I found a pretty piece of fabric, stuffed it with toy stuffing and hey presto!  Love how this turned out.

And here's a picture of my little sewing station...


And the phone works!

The other little things I've made are some coasters for the bedroom.  I've been looking everywhere for  something that would go and couldn't find a thing, then I remembered that I'm a crafter! (kind of).   So I grabbed a couple of our old coasters, picked out a pretty piece of Pion paper, glued it on, let it dry, trimmed it off, gave it a coat of PVA glue and then a coat of lacquer and Bob's your Uncle.  new coasters for those Sunday morning cuppas in bed.

Here's the before...

 
And here's the after...
 

Both super simple little projects, but I really enjoyed making them and am pretty pleased with how they turned out.
 
Hope you enjoyed your visit today.  See you soon.
Hugs
Caz x

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Your projects look fabulous. I love the pin cushion, what a brilliant idea and the coasters look so pretty.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of projects Caz.. and I absolutely ADORE the pin cushion!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Caz..Your pin cushion was toooo pretty to have pins stuck in it! How could you lol..
    LOve these coasters what a lovely idea! They do look soooo pretty.Going to give this a try x
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Caz. A really pretty pin cushion and the coasters look fabulous, might have a go at that myself.
    I hope you are having a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your coasters! They are so pretty. Great idea TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pincushion is gorgeous & the coasters are very pretty....
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Sunday dear friend^_^
    The pin cushion is so romantic and the coasters are fabulous^_^
    You are very talented^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caz

    Fabulous pin cushion, really pretty. And those coaster are super - got me thinking here now :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just fab projects Caz!!
    Hugs, sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome makes...and I love that vintage-style phone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.