Pages

Monday, 22 July 2013

My First Time...

... with Distress Ink Markers.

I've had a mentally busy week at work and have barely had time to sneeze.  My boss is now away for three weeks (alright for some!), so looking forward to a bit of a rest.

This weekend was my daughter's 17th birthday.  Oh my goodness, the years have flown.  Where did they go?  I am now officially a middle-aged woman!  How the hell did that happen?  Surprisingly, Emma still wanted to keep up her birthday tradition of going to the War and Peace show with her dad (honestly thought that would have been dropped).   My brothers and their families both came to visit and drop off cards and presents.  So all-in-all a very busy weekend.  Luckily I have Monday and Tuesday off to play in the craft room.

Anyhoo, on with the show...  I really love the soft delicate effect given by colouring with Distress Ink markers and have admired many others' work where they've been used, in particular Elise from http://paperloveaffair.blogspot.co.uk/, Elaine from http://atechnophobesblog.blogspot.co.uk/ and Squirrel from http://squirrel10.blogspot.co.uk/ (although I think they use a combination of the markers, reinkers and ink pads).  So, I bought myself a set of markers and they sat on a shelf intimidating me for quite some time.  Last weekend I printed myself off an image and got out the Distress Ink markers.

I'm actually really happy with the results. I've still got a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG way to go, but for my first attempt, I'm happy.  Definitely need to work on the hair!!

I've used another of my new My Bestie images by Sherri Baldy, this one is called Suzy Shamrock.  Isn't she sweet.  The papers are the new limited edition Sofiere from Maja Design available from Live and Love crafts.  A list of products used is at the end of this post.  The lace is from my stash and the berries are Magnolia available from Live and Love Crafts.


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
  1. http://anythingchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/anything-goes-97.html
  2. http://bestieschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/floral-frenzy-challenge-721-728.html
  3. http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/female-birthdays.html
  4. http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-172-happy-birthday.html
  5. http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/use-2-or-more-die-cuts.html
  6. http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-challenge-its-girl-thing.html
  7. http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2013/07/himcr-107-freestyle.html
Many thanks for taking the time to stop by.   Hope you're all enjoying the weather.  Take care.

Hugs
Caz x





18 comments:

  1. Hi Caz, I had my markers for ages before I tried them but when I did I was hooked, don't like to use anything else now. Such a sweet image and love the softness of the colours, gorgeous flowers too.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great to me! I'd be very happy with it too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and sweet creation Caz. Beautiful.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Love your coloring and those flowers are amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie W :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Caz, such a sweet image and I love your soft colouring. Beautifully embellished too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Caz. Great colouring, its always nice to try something new

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments female birthday challenge.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful and a great card love the softness
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card.

    Thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card, so pretty!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Caz! Great job with the DI...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, love the softness you have achieved, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful work Caz! You are very skilled at coloring - I tried my Distress Inks once & put them on the shelf! LOL! Thank you for sharing your great project in the Happy Birthday Challenge at Craft Your Passion!
    ~ginny
    CYP Design Team
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Caz. I love the softness of it and your colouring is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card, love the image you have used!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Caz,
    Sorry this is so late, I'm playing catch up again.

    Your colouring is fantastic, beautifully soft (something I really struggle with!) I love the markers and I'm using them more and the re-inkers less (thank you for your kind words too)
    Hair..I hate hair and I always struggle with it grrrrr...

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card... love the design!

    Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes this time.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, fabulous...beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.