Pages

Monday, 19 August 2013

Christmas in August

Hi all, hope you all had an amazing weekend.  I had a lovely quiet one, did a bit of crafting.  Did some sewing too.

Did anyone watch Kirstie Allsop's show earlier this year "Homemade Home"?  One episode featured Emily Peacock and a pair of her cross-stitch cushions.  Well, I had to have them and I have finally completed one.


It still needs stuffing, but I couldn't wait to start the second one.

Today's card follows the Bingo board at http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-95-bingo-board.html


from which I've chosen the top row - Flower, pearls, blue.

I decided to crack on with my Christmas cards.  The image is Saturated Canary's Tilly.  The papers are last years Landstoken Merry Christmas which I bought from Live and Love Crafts, but I can't see them on the website, so I don't know if they're available anywhere now.  The pearls and ribbon are from my stash and the berries are Magnolia from Live and Love Crafts.

I've been practicing again with those Distress Ink markers and Reinkers.  I think I've done better with the hair this time!

Hope you like it.


.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
  1. http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/p-is-for.html
  2. http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-99-anything-goes.html
  3. http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/chnc-challenge-138-no-sentiment.html
  4. http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/dies-and-punches.html
  5. http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-48-its-snow-business.html
  6. http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/christmas-in-august.html
  7. http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-95-bingo-board.html
  8. http://hollyjollychristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/gimme-glitter.html
  9. http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-20.html
  10. http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-220-15th-of-august-christmas.html
Many thanks for taking the time to stop by, have a great week.

Hugs
Caz xx




22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the image and all the wonderful glitter. Wonderful embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at Holly Jolly and we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, love those beautiful snowflakes and border around the image. Great work with your distress markers and re-inkers too!! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation lovely delicate colours and snowflakes.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge.
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Caz - your snowflake creation is just beautiful - love it to bits!!!And I adore your cushion - I'm hopeless at watching TV - even Kirstie was missed I'm afraid!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Caz, I love the pretty image. Your colouring looks fabulous and the snowflakes are gorgeous.
    Your cushion looks fabulous too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Caz. Love the soft colours and fabulous flowers and snowflakes. Your cushion looks super as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wintery Christmas card, Caz, your colouring is wonderful and the dies/punches you have used pretty,
    thanks for joining our P challenge at
    ABC Christmas Challenge, and good luck,
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a stunning card love that boarder die, thanks for sharing with s at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Caz. the image looks fab and beautifully coloured and I love the all the pretty details.
    Your cushion is absolutely gorgeous too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW! This is GOrgeous Caz! I do watch her shows. The time you've put in to do this, such a task, but, well worth it.
    It took me three years lol to finish a print of a Border Collie!
    Wow! AGAin! What a FABulous Christmas card! LOving your colours and image..The Snowflake border is yummy.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning creations Caz, love your cushion, well worth all the time it must have taken you to make, it's gorgeous.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT cushion but . . . THAT card is just SUPERB. I absolutely adore it and am totally loving that SC image.

    Lovely schparkly card.

    Hugs
    Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cushion! It's many years since I attempted cross stitch..before the arrival of a baby actually, in the days when I still had time to sit and stitch!

    Your card is absolutely stunning, beautiful colours and so detailed but very delicate..love it a LOT.
    Your colouring is fabulous...I HATE hair, it's a constant struggle for me.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm back again Caz...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow! So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Caz! LOVE the cushion, it's so perfect for snuggling (apt!) up with. And a perfect card - great colouring and a lovely design.

    Re. the candles - I think the wax paper wouldn't work well in your printer, it might even 'gunge' it up. The images are stamped onto the tissue paper not the wax paper - the tissue is just ordinary white stuff you'd wrap gifts in. I've used Whispers pens and Pro Markers without any problems/tearing of the tissue - and I'm not the most light handed of workers.

    If you want to use a printed image, say a digi Saturated Canary on the tissue, I have read on the internet that it's do-able. You just tape the tissue round the edges to a sheet of thin card or paper before running it through the printer. Then remove the tissue from the backing and carry on as if it's a stamped image - I've never tried it though!

    Hope this helps!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I simply love that pillow you made, it makes me smile!

    I also love you card, it's so soft and sweet! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 138 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. Thanks also for sharing your lovely Christmas card for CCAYR 'Christmas extravaganza - fussy and fancy' - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, awesome handmade pilllow! Amazing card...your coloring looks great and I love your amazing embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This Card is so beautiful. I love the colors and Christmas Ribbon you used and how beautiful that image is and how you colored it. Thank you so much for joining us at Discount Ribbon Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful projects Caz. I keep missing your posts. I really don't know what blogger is up to. I had a weird blog added to my reading list this afternoon that I definately did not start following. Fortunately was able to get rid of it. I miss your posts and will try and do catch up when I can.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.