Pages

Monday, 12 August 2013

Frilly Lily

Afternoon everyone, hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

Guess what I did on Saturday?  I went and picked up my daughter's new car.  Yup, Daddy got her a car.  And guess what?  It's black and has five doors and was well within her budget!  Unbelievable!  How is it, that when I go shopping with something very specific in mind, I can NEVER find it.  Anyway, I picked it up on Saturday as both hubby and daughter were working.  Needless to say, Emma is extremely excited and started badgering me to take her out as soon as she came home. HELP!!

Milo was also quite entertaining this weekend, he usually is, but this really made me chuckle...
He actually climbed right up inside the chimney, then out again, covered in all sorts!

Anyway, enough of that.  My card today features Frilly Lily from Sherri Baldy's My Besties images.  I was playing around with my Distress Markers and Reinkers and this was created.  I really liked how it turned out and so I made a card with it.

You may (or may not) have noticed that I don't often use purple, of any hue, much in my crafting.  I think this stems from my childhood.  I remember being about 12 and having to wear THE most hideous pair of polyester purple trousers.  Obviously, I was traumatised by this!  Having said that, I really like this card. She kinda screamed out for purple papers and these Maja Design Vintage Spring papers are just too pretty not to be used.

Hope you like it.

A full list of ingredients is at the end of this post.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
  1. http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/paper-pretties-wednesday-challenge.html
  2. http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/anything-goes.html
  3. http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-19.html
Many thanks for taking the time to stop by today, have a great week.

Hugs
Caz xx




16 comments:

  1. Glad your found a car for your daughter within budget lol
    Your photo made me smile.

    Great card too, lovey image and layout
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Carol, but sorry, for me, the cat stole the show! What a brilliant picture, can't imagine what he looked like after his adventure, but my guess is not so great! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Caz - and Milo looks so funny! Our cat is white and black and she used to do that and became temporarily black and white! Lucky daughter too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colours and design, just perfect with the super sweet image.
    I love the picture of your cat - maybe someone told him Santa was coming early this year, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the cute image and pretty detailing.
    Fabulous photo, made me smile!!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the lovely card - I ADORE the cat!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Caz. The image looks fab and I love the design and all the purple.
    The photo of your cat made me smile too!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this photo really made me smile! What a cutie it is...Must have heard a bird? I think it would be lovely to put on a Christmas card Caz..
    Hope now the cars arrived lol you still have time to Craft!
    LOve your card...GOrgeous colours and I LOve your design too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card hun, love that! Ooh that Milo, what a little tinker - Vince is too fat for the gas flue, lol. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Caz.
    I adore the colours and the design..pretty and perfectly chosen embellies.

    Lucky Emma! I can usually find what I want but it's never within the price range I have in mind! My hubby says I have Harrods taste and Woolworths income.

    Milo made me laugh! Our cat (Lisa) is a little minx, always going where she shouldn't!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully made card...love the purple!

    Great shot of Milo too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the colors you chose. Thanks for playing with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally stunning Caz. Wonderful colour, love the purple. Fabulous design and detail. Your cards are a delight.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that Milo . . . I'm not a cat lover . . . BUT Milo made me laugh out loud with his/her antics. Hope Milo's curiosity doesn't get the better of him/her!

    Good news on the car for your daughter. She was obviously applying the Law of Attraction . . . and lo . . . she got what she wanted!

    Fab card too . . . love lilac!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OoOH this is so BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors and that butterfly die!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.