Pages

Monday, 2 September 2013

Jasper the Snowman

Hi all, hope you had a lovely weekend.

This weekend I went to the Biggin Hill Sincerely Yours craft fair with my SIL.  We spent a lovely few hours browsing and buying.

I've also been having a play.  The other day during a clear-up of my crafty space I came across a whole box of fimo clay and had one of those "light bulb" moments.  I wondered if it would be possible to make little fimo embellishments using my dies.  So after we got back from the craft fair yesterday, it way playtime.  I got out the fimo, picked a die, ran it through the die cutting machine and hey presto, little fimo gingerbread men.  They really are tiny, I used a penny in the picture to give you an idea of just how small they are, but it worked perfectly and the die is completely undamaged.

After a few not so successful attempts we discovered that 130°C for 5 minutes was about right to cook them. 


I also made a poinsettia, some butterflies , but because I got carried away and put too many dies with different coloured clays it got a bit messed up!!  WARNING:  When you run the die through the machine it does SQUISH the clay, I recommend rolling your clay as thin as you can and covering your plates with greaseproof or wax paper, both on top and underneath the dies because the machine will squish it much thinner!


The detail in the poinsettia is fantastic.  It seems that any clay actually within the die will come out glossy, any exposed by the die will come out with a matt finish.  I don't know how often I'll use these, but it was certainly fun to have a go.

Anyhoo, onto today's card.  Once again I've used my gorgeous new PATP Snowflake Swirl punches this time on some pale blue glitter card.  The image is Jasper the Snowman.  A full list of items used to make this card (with links) is at the end of this post.


I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
  1. http://acreativeromance.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/cas-style-cards.html
  2. http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/99-christmas-snow-and-ice.html
  3. http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/crafty-calendar-challenge-anything-goes.html
  4. http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/weekly-challenge-make-cut.html
  5. http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/2013/08/himcr-113-freestyle_31.html
  6. http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-22.html
Many thanks for taking the time to stop by today, have a great week.

Hugs
Caz xx




24 comments:

  1. yay~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see your posts on google and so pleased I did not miss this beauty
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous christmas snowman and love that patp snowflake punch. those fimo die cuts look great - particularly that poinsettia!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clay embellies hun - well done you on being brave enough to try it, and what a great result.
    Super snowman card, he really is a cutie, and almost makes me feel festive (but I am resisting, it's still September after all) Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Caz. I love the border punch and the snowman is so sweet
    Your little embellies look fabulous too, that gingerbread man is tiny!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fimo embellies!
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute snowman and wonderful punched frame
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning card Caz - and I love the little fimo shapes too - how clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Caz! Those fimo shapes are fab. - something else to try now that you've shown the way.

    Err, you sure have some very shiny pennies in your neck of the woods!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Caz, this card is stunning. Thank you for the info on the Fimo die-cuts. I will certainly give it a try.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Caz. I love the snowflake punch and the sweet snowman.
    great idea to make fimo die-cuts, they look super xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Caz. Just love it with the gorgeous punch and the sparkle.
    Great idea with the fimo too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My! These are FAbulous Caz...I've made Christmas tags but, wasn't really happy with them..Will give your temp a go lol..
    FABulous Christmas Card..LOving your colours, design and this cute image.
    Chrissyxx
    Hope F & F are okay x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Caz, looks like you've been having fun hunnie and they look super.
    Love your card and the PATP is fabulous, really intricate, and loving the glitter.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That punch is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar for our latest challenge!
    Claire xx
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol

    Will try again as my first comment doesn't seem to have gotten through :o(

    I'm loving the little gingerbread men and all your other little embellies - what a great idea.

    I'm busily playing with some Martha Stewart Paper Clay - fab stuff - so will be adding it to my cards shortly.

    The snowflake behind the spacer and brad is made from a Spellbinders snowflake die. Cut a snowflake out of acetate - cover it with Glossy Accents and then use either Diamond Dust or German Glass Glitter for the bling.

    Hope this helps, but if you need any further info just yell.

    Have a great day.

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a fabulous idea! Love your little fimo embellishments... you could try brushing them with glossy accents if you wanted to even out the glossy/ matt issue. Fab card too, love that snowman :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous Caz, and what a clever idea with the fimo!

    I adore that PATP design it so suits this lovely card.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is absolutely stunning Caz.
    The PATP border is fabulous, so delicate looking and a perfect way to frame the image.

    I think your fimo poinsettia is awesome! Love that!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I am loving your snowflake border, a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beauuuuutiful card! And I really love that snowflake border around your card!!! Gorgeous!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card...I love all the sparkly goodness and that pretty die! I love winter cards!

    Looks like you had fun with the clay...great embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Saw this on the Crafty Cardmakers challenge. Love that snowflake border :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining my 'Christmas Snow and Ice' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card. What a great set of punches from MS. Looks amazing. Fabby use of the fimo as well. :) Thanks for playing with us over at CCM this time. A new challenge will be up later on today.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, dt CCM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.