Hi all, how's your weekend going? Things are a bit wet and gloomy here today. So, the perfect sort of weather to get on with some long put-off jobs.
Do you have a sewing box full of cotton reels, getting in a massive tangle? I did, so after a search of the World Wide Web a while ago I found a brilliant idea that I just loved, and I've been meaning to get it done for about two years.
Away Once again I forgot to take pictures of before and during, but here's the after...
The process was very simple really, except you need to be quite handy with a saw. I'm not, but luckily I know a man who is!!
I bought the picture frame for £5 from a local shop, took it apart and using the back as a template went off to B & Q to find a piece of wood. Most branches have a cutting section and you can either get a piece cut to size or buy an off-cut like I did, for £1 (was extremely pleased with this bargain) and cut it to size yourself, or, as in my case, get your hubby to do it. After measuring my largest cotton reel I mapped out a grid and marked the centre of each box. I then whacked in nails at a slightly upward angle. Once I'd finished expressing my anger, I painted the bit of wood (had to do it this way round to cover up all my "drawing"). Once the paint was dry I tacked the piece of wood into the frame, and Bob's your mother's brother! I can now see all my cottons and they're not all sitting in a big knot.
Just need to hang it on the wall now.
Hope you like. Off to put the kettle on and my feet up.