Pages

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

My First Scan N Cut Cards...

... Almost!

Hi everyone, I'm back as promised with my first completed cards made on the Brother Scan N Cut.

I love how these turned out.  Simple and pretty.  And best of all, they fold up nice and small, so no extra postage costs.


The sentiment embellishments are Tim Holtz.  The ribbons and gems are from my stash.  They've been cut from a variety of card and papers.  I've been so impressed with this machine.  It did take a little bit of playing to get the blade depth and number of cuts right.  For example, cutting layered card, such as adorable scorable or Miri, I had to cut twice, the first time on blade depth 3 and the second time on blade depth 6.  This gave a beautifully sharp cut with no bits fraying.

I got the cutting file for this card free from http://www.birdscards.com. This is an absolutely brilliant blog.  Bird gives cutting files and digi stamps away completely free.

I'm off to Farnborough on Friday with my SIL to the Make-It + Knit & Stitch craft show.  So very excited, I'm having crafty shopping withdrawal symptoms.  You know how it is!!

I'd like to enter my cards in the following challenges:
  1. http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-most-wonderful-time-of-year.html
  2. http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/chnc-challenge-165-use-sentiment.html
  3. http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/d-for-die-cuts.html
  4. http://cardmaniachallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/cmc41-use-sentiment.html
  5. http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/challenge-104-anything-goes.html
  6. http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/rudolph-day-feb-2014.html
  7. http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/chnc-challenge-extra-for-february-2014.html
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.

Hugs
Caz x

27 comments:

  1. Clever you, these are brilliant Caz - my kinda cards! Lovin what I'm seeing with this new machine - it's very clever, and obviously so are you to use it! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Carol! and you are naughty taunting us with this new machine..I keep saying I dont really need it..then I see these amazing cards and I think I want it lol!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Caz, missed your posts as not showing on my blog list for some reason. You know what blogger is like. Enjoy your crafty shopping.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look amazing Caz - well done to you!!! love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just lovely Caz! A worthwhile investment it seems!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Caz . . . these are SOOO very pretty. Looks like you've been having fun playing with your Scan & Cut.

    Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day . . . I know you had trouble linking, so I've done it for you. Hope that's ok?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! These are amazing Caz! LOving your colours and design. Can't wait to see what other creations you make...
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautifully done...love the soft colors! Your cutting machine sounds fun...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all for cards that fit the postage costs and these are really different and love the colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Christmas cards, thank you for joining us and preparing for that Special Time of Year
    hugs Kate xx
    Winter Wonderland DT
    ps I have some new release candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. these look fabulous - sounds like you're having fun with the new equipment! Don't think I'm brave enough to tackle any new technology so I'll just have to stick with my BigShot!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to decide whether to shell out the money and get the Scan n Cut (and sell my cricut) - your creations are almost persuading me to go ahead now! Thanks for entering your lovely cards for CHNC challenge 165 - you could also enter these into my CHNC challenge extra for February - I'd love to see them there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous Caz. Sounds like you're having a fun time playing and experimenting xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for adding for my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon (will be interested too to see what else you make with your new machine ... you might tempt me even more - lol!) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant cards Caz.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little tags with ribbon - finishes the cards perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very original pretty cards xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fabulous Caz. Must admit the machine does take a bit of getting used to with the cutting but the results are so worth it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so sweet! Love the size and scale of them. Sounds like a cool machine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever take on the easel card. They are quite lovely with they fabulous winter colors and metal tag.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you indulged in the machine then. The cards are lovely though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Caz !! :-) I LOVE how you used a scan and cut to make these,, I have been wondering if it was a nice machine to use :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these Caz - fab simple easy post designs- a Christmas crafters dream lol hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous design!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create!!
    Hugs' xx
    Jackie - LTC owner

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab Christmas cards, those snowflakes are great, and lovely for economic posting!
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Crafty Little Fairies,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas,
    As You Like It,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stampfairy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely snowflaker you have used for your cretion, Caz.
    Thanks for joining our 'D for Die cuts' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time,
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.