Pages

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Hoot

Hello my lovelies, hope you're all well.

My SIL and I went to Ally Pally on Sunday.  We had a lovely day but didn't spend too much money.  We both had shopping lists, unfortunately nothing I wanted was at the show, so I had to whip out the computer when I got home to order all the bits I wanted.  One thing we did notice at the show were the number of bow making dies out not, they were absolutely everywhere.  But, did you know you can make bows with the envelope punch board from We R Memory Keepers (if you have one).  There are some fabulous tutorials on the Samuel Taylor website.

I've been feeling a little mojo-less recently, so in an effort to find said missing mojo I took myself on a little journey through blogland.  I found masses of inspiration, but in doing so, lost masses of pennies!!  I know you feel my pain.  It's at times like these that I wish hubby and I had a joint bank account LOL!  Along the way I found several wonderful blogs and new (to me) stamps by a very talented lady called Stephanie Wincott at  http://www.clearlybesottedstamps.com.  You've probably already heard of these stamps and dies, but I always seem to be behind the times.  A list of items used is at the bottom of the post, but in case you were wondering about the pearls, they're from ebay.

Anyway, here's my card, I really love it, hope you do too.


Sorry about the quality of the picture, I was having issues with my camera!!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Many thanks for taking the time to read through my waffle.  Take care.

Hugs
Caz x




18 comments:

  1. Oh Carol, those CB stamps and dies are addictive (as I have discovered to my cost), loving your little owl, he is such a sweetie. Looks like your Mojo wasn't even lost. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you went to Ally Pally and STILL had to go shopping online afterwards! Loving your cute owl card with the super paper bow.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you went to ally pally and didn't spend up!! Lol - thats never happened to me!!!! I mean at any craft show!!!! Love your card - fabulous design xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Caz. Love the little owl and you great design detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Caz, adorable owl and I love you layout.
    I am a BIG fan of Clearly Besotted Stamps!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Caz, I am on an owl hunt but the one I wanted was out of stock. Must look at your link. I think your colour combo is fab. I have been looking at bow dies and I'm very taken with the classic one Sue Wilson brought out so it is on my long wish list. Haven't been to a show for ages. Don't want a joint bank account, lol. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card. I love owls too. Great design and just overall great! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, very very cute......adorable actually.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Caz. Love the nice clean lines and fabulous colour combo with the little owl. I keep looking at the cleary besotted stamps and dies - not bought any yet but definitely on the wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Caz, adorable owl, love the design and colours.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card! Love the color choices!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges! Good luck!
    Darcy
    PS I'm your newest follower! You have a great blog and are two followers from 200!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo ( or even twitt-twwooo) this is gorgeous Caz.
    A fabulous colour combo and a beautifully CAS design but not too simple, just enough detail with the pearls and bow to create a lovely balance.
    Not only is Stephanie very talented but she's also a really sweet lady.

    I was pretty good myself at the Harrogate show last month, I only bought a few bits..but then I have so much stash already that I shouldn't be buying anything!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Caz. Love the cute owl and the colour combo.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Caz. Love the CAS aspect of it and your colors. Thanks for linking up with us at Sister Act this week. Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card. Hope your mojo completely comes out of hiding and stays for good very soon x


    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super card thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fancy going to Ally Pally and not bankrupting yourself there! Sounds like you more than made up for it when you got home though.

    Love your adorable little owl, and the sentiment is too cute.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card, love the layout and the mint and choc colour scheme, just fab and thank you for joining us over at ABC Challenges. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they mean so much.